AMTINSEL 2000th EPISODE:THE DIARY OF A SUPER FAN

Tinsel is that soap opera that made me fall in love with  Nigerian Soaps all over again.I remember when it started in 2008.Many like me were glued to the Television and it was on everyone's lips .From three episodes a week it was increased to five times a week.

We have seen it all marriages,death,fun moments and even annoying moments on the soapie but there is just that thing about Tinsel as a true fan that makes you go back again and again and when you see someone who is either a cast or crew in Tinsel past or present you'll be interested in their work.

Personally Tinsel is more than a soap opera to me as I made live long friends  from watching http://yottymama.blogspot.com.ng/2015/07/how-friendship-evolved-watching-tinsel.html

Then I got the call  from  a member of the cast on coming to celebrate the 200th episode with them,I was elated and looked forward to it,I also got several calls from various departments.

The day arrived and the surprises started coming !VIP treatment from my house to the MultiChoice office where majority of the Tinsel set and other studios are located.


From the entrance  I was given a rousing welcome  by the series producer Aderonke Oshinjobi  and  line producer Uche Ifeanyi-Ogwu not forgetting the paparazzi that came with it ,I became very shyyyyy!They noticed this and made efforts to calm me.

Next stop was the wardrobe section  where I  had to fit my clothes for the day,I tried in two outfits and i made a choice.I was wowed by the amount of costume I saw.

Makeup and hair:I was welcomed by the Head :Titilope Katibi  and  Mr Kay,my makeover journey began.I did that twice in one day!I was told the actors do that too once or more a day!

Set time:This is where the goosebumps,stomach rumbling came alive,I had never been on a movie set all my life not to talk of acting and I am not even a professional actor but they came to my rescue and was helped to do deliver so for all that saw my waka pass role with Mimi(Constance Owoyomi) and Charles(Khing Bassey) at Odyssey Studios it was not a small something,the stars also made me realise they make mistakes too,a situation I experienced.After that scene was shot we cut the celebration cake and popped champagne!We did say prayers too and a brief talk on the journey so far plus my special presence hehehehe I felt like a star hahahahahahahah.

Time for Lunch:I was already overwhelmed and wowed with what  I had seen so far and couldn't eat my lunch properly plus paparazzi was still in my face ,they later left me to eat my food😁.

Tour time:I went round with  Sunny Ralph Nnnebe aka Senator,I saw the set from Reel studios,Phoenix Prime,Ziggyy's bar.Bimpe's ,Reel Studios,Brenda's house etc.The one that left me in shock was the magic that was performed in Amaka's house😲.I also some of the cast too Brenda(Funlola Aofiyebi Raime),Zane(Kunle Remi),Maro (Hauwa Allahbura),Freddie(Dozie  Onyiriuka) etc I also visited the Edit Suite.Art Director,Sound etc

Rest time:I couldn't keep calm ,I was communicating with some of my friends turned family I met while watching Tinsel,they all did an amazing job keeping their mouths sealed till it all aired

Part 2:So  I was informed  there was a surprise waiting for me,I went to the makeup/department an got another make over,the costume had changed into was now mine,I also got gifts from the wardrobe section.

Dinner:We arrived at Sheraton and the VIP treatment continued heheheh,I waiting for my surprise and boom it came.Gideon Okeke (The character Philip Ade Williams)yayyyyyyyyyy!we got talking and it was fun,.educative ,he was amazed  about my knowledge of the soap opera and the things we got up to as fans .


The end:I was taken home still on a VIP level.

The overall experience:The professional working pattern and family bond   was amazing among the cast and crew,that was one lesson of the several lessons I went away with. Magical and memorable best describes my experience.

My wish for Tinsel: The soapie has had it's ups and downs but they still remain standing.The world needs to know it!And like Kingsley Ezenekwe said' Hearty Congratulations to the cast and crew for gracing our evenings for 8+and counting,we look forward to #Tinsel5000 and more!!

Tinsel won the award Best Drama Series Mnet Production at this year's AMVCA.



The day in pictures

















 And many more............


PICTURE CREDIT:Deji Akinpelu Photography





4 comments:

  1. Go Toy! Oops did I just call youToy? Lol! Our very own Toy on Tinsel. We are proud of you girl! This is just the beginning. A true fan you are so you deserve the honour. Tinsel is a special soap opera. To think we have been watching this soap for 8+years. To think we met through Tinsel, to think we became friends through Tinsel, to think our friendship moved another level higher, we are now family, to think our spouses became friends through Tinsel, to think our children are "friends forever" through Tinsel is AMAZING! I am confident Tinsel will break world record as longest running Soap. I love my Tinsel! I love my Tinsel Family! I love my Tinsel Cast and crew(past and present)! #fortheloveoftinsel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww!Oya chop kiss from my screen .You said it all.Esu o ni tu wa ka ooo(Devil will not scatter us ooo).Doc's baptismal name has stayed ooo hehehehehe Toy Toy

      Delete
  2. Well done Toy! You did great..on behalf of all of us tinsel fans family #tinselsuperfans

    ReplyDelete

How Friendship evolved watching Tinsel aka Tinsel fans Reloaded

Tinsel is  West Africa's longest  running series , the most watched and successful drama series on Africamagic .It  has produced three  ...

Powered by Blogger.