AMHUSH REVIEW

Tantantaranraran tararana ........Hush (My attempt at singing the Hush soundtrack)

This review is a collection of thoughts from fellow Tv lovers like me who appreciate  and watch African/Nigerian content .

Hush commenced and I started the very first episode and did not miss a thing .The very first episode was a Wow!I feel in love with it and hoped that the tempo will be sustained and to some extent i wasn't disappointed and they deserve an A on that.

The cast:I fell in love with the characters of Bem and Folahan,those two didn't have to talk too much,their body language,expression was amazing.Next is Ruffy Jaskin and Alabama Cincinnati ,they did justice to their roles and I (We) enjoyed every bit of their appearance from their gesticulations,turning words and phrases upside down you just had to laugh .Mama Oye and her character that reflects the typical Naija mum and Adura's  makeup that looks like a clown .....I could go on and on and I always reflect this in the daily recaps I did.Amazing!!!Almost every other actor did fantastic too.

The Surprise:Nobody ever thought Sai worked for Ida.We didn't see Arestide as a mole for Populous who was keeping eye on Bem for Populus.

You can catch the identities of some of the cast and crew here  http://yottymama.blogspot.com.ng/2016/04/hushhighlights-of-week-one.html

The Criticism:The first one that I saw was the way the Nigerian Legal System was portrayed .A paralegal was put on the sane pedestal as a lawyer which they was the case for Adrianna and Riame who said they want to Law School and remain paralegals.

The war declaration:War has began was always what Bem said and at some point we got tired of waiting but the good thing was Mr Tsenogu delivered just what we wanted at the end.

Cynthia:The character Cynthia overstayed and she didn't really contribute anything to the series,even at the end of it all Sai didn't delegate anything to her and made Simi to take over when he wanted to leave.

Others praises and critcism I have put in while I was doing recaps
 

OTHER FEEDBACKS from a post I was tagged on Facebook
Tosin Olugbemi-Nwaoha:Missing Hush already ...like can we start again

Ama Emefa Agyeman had this too say:"I was processing everything that happened....It ended well but it wasn't a fireworks ending!They did good.A lot of loose ends so wondering if they are planning a season two.Billz death really pained me! it was an unnecessary one.

Atinuke Badejo:...............What happened to Gray and Tishe?Who killed who?Who did Afefe Kill?

Idara Ekanem -Well,maybe I was expecting much more,it seemed rushed and I wasn't really wowed by that ending.............We enjoyed the characters and would definitely miss them but the ending could be more neatly tied .It seemed hurried.

Chidinma Nene Kayla Ezenduka -Ezike"'The end seemed rushed.I feel three or four more episodes would have helped to resolve the story reasonably.Did Adze really need to kill the man?

Omolabake Bode-Mathew had this to say " I was not expecting too much from the finale.I have seen it happen with most of the series that drag too long.Hotel Majestic disappointed me massively with the finale so i prepared for it with Hush and I hope they close Jemeji better though.All the budgetary allocation they lacked in the entire series was put into the wedding and private jet scene.Not over analysing naija series keeps me sane.I hope the Future series makers are taking notes before we lost hope in them the way we lost hope in old Nollywood"

Hush is that telenovela that will be on the lips of people for a verrrrrry long time and years to come. It gave drama,action ,suspense and all that is necessary and needed to put it in the A class of telenovelas in Nigeria and  I dare say Africa .To the cast and crew we say thank you for lightning our screens  "you are mouthful" as  the character Alabama will say with 260 lovely episodes every 8pm WAT.
Haff a goodbye  *In Ruffy Jaskin's voice*





Here are some of my Hush moment with fellow fans at one of the screenings I attended(The first one)


Folahan (Rotimi Adelegan) ,Tinu and Toyosi

Adze(Baaj Adebule),Tinu and Toyosi

The Finale Screening






Finale Screening Pictures courtesy:Chuma Nkadi and Diane Badmus







No comments

How Friendship evolved watching Tinsel aka Tinsel fans Reloaded

Tinsel is  West Africa's longest  running series , the most watched and successful drama series on Africamagic .It  has produced three  ...

Powered by Blogger.