AMAJoche: A Peek Into Behind The Scences Of Ajoche (Epic)Telenovela

So I visited the Epic set of Ajoche!!!I wish I could take Pictures but it was Prohibited,I hope some day they do behind the scenes so the world can know how much effort they have put in and raise some glasses for Nollywood.We don dey try gaan

It really takes a village for the daily 30 minutes episode(with adverts) we see Monday through Friday on Africamagic Showcase 151.

I started with the huts,those huts were built from the scratch,i saw them even building another with my two korokoro eye.The weapons,seats everything were handcrafted and made in Nigeria,Ajoche really went back to 1918 with everything on set.

Costume &Soil:
Questions have come up in this aspect and the Executive Producer who also doubles as a Director in some episodes said the red sand was not feasible for obvious reasons,this had been tried on location but anytime it rained it resulted in flood and becomes impossible to shoot and time is of the essence in a Big Television Production like Ajoche.

The Production team had also visited Idoma  for cultural consultation ,one of the traditional rulers they met told them  there was really no particular colour used at that time and it varies from one community to the other which led to the diverse colours that we see representing the communities in Ajoche(Ocholuje,Abor,Ufam).However if anyone has a contrary view or knows what was used the producers will be all ears.(Personally I always associated the white and black stripes to Benue despite the nulti ethnic groups so it news to me when I heard that)

Art Department:That department deserves ACCOLADES,I had seen so much that wowed me but then I saw foodstuffs made ,it was impossible ,higher cost,you don't know how many of those market items are 'fake'.A Special shout out to the Art Director&his assistant Benjamin Ogunbodede and Tunde Lawal.Yes I saw the animals too chilling in their zoo.

Cast&Crew:I got to see  some of the characters too  viz my man crush General Apeh(Williams Benson),Oofuni whose frontal have been disturbing some people's eyes and the reason somepeople are watching/the only thing they see hahaha(lota Chukwu),Bolum(As'ah Samuel),Akajo(Damilola Ogunsi)  Enayi (Mary Chukwuma) Agaba (OlaRotimi Fakunle)and some other characters to be introduced later (No Spoilers!!)I also met some of the crew too ;the production coordinator,make up artistes(So many names I can't recall all) etc

Is Ajoche Worth Your Time?Yes!I know many people have a wrong perception of epic drama series and we have never really had any like Ajoche in recent times,everything is strictly epic and so far so good the storyline is doing great and we hope they continue because episode 260 looking like the final bus top and we have seen 20 Episodes so far.

AMAjoche airs on Africamagic Showcase 151 Monday through Friday at 8:30pm WAT.
You can follow the hahstag #AMAjoche on all social media platforms (Facebook,Twitter,Instagram)

So what do you think of Ajoche so far?

No comments

How Friendship evolved watching Tinsel aka Tinsel fans Reloaded

Tinsel is  West Africa's longest  running series , the most watched and successful drama series on Africamagic .It  has produced three  ...

Powered by Blogger.